Our Danish client, a cloud technology innovator, is in the process of building an Operations team in Poland. We are looking for an Linux Network Specialist for their nearshoring team.
The Consultant will be part of the Cloud Services Delivery Team. The team consists of highly skilled members who ensure the successful delivery of best-in-class highly secure hosting services to the client’s costumers.
Your primary responsibilities:
The Linux Network administrator´s role is to plan and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of Cloud, server and networking systems to ensure the stable and secure operations of our client’s customers. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing software and communications links.
The Consultant will analyze network traffic and provide capacity reporting and planning to the client and client’s customers.
- Creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to network configuration, WLAN architecture, design layout, including protocols.
- Ensuring backup of networking configurations so the team can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Troubleshoot networking service outages as they occur, and determine root cause analyzes
- Configuring networking monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Choosing whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies.
- Designing and maintaining automated Linux Patch platform.
- Have a relevant higher education with emphasis on IT.
- +5 years IT networking operation with strong understanding of networking and IT security solutions, theories, principles, and practices.
- Minimum 3 year experience with system engineering in Redhat-based Server environments (RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux, or Fedora).
- Outstanding understanding of, and experience with, software defined networking, virtualized firewalls, security disciplines, Quality of Service, disaster recovery, management and monitoring.
- Experience with VMWare, OpenStack, or other virtualization technology.
- Experience with cloud computing environments, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Rackspace Cloud.
- Experience with Bash or Ruby scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience with MySQL and Mongo database technologies.
- Experience with maintaining and updating BIND DNS zones.
- Experience troubleshooting server related I/O, CPU, Memory, Disk performance issues.
What we offer:
- Working in an innovative environment.
- Scandinavian work culture (focused on work-life balance).
- Rate up to 110zł/h on a B2B contract.
- Multi-lingual environment – working in English on a daily basis.
- Private health care and sports card subsidization.