- Type of position: Senior DevOps Consultant
- Type of project: Development
- Location: ProData Office at Domaniewska Street, Warsaw
- Business trips: Occasional trips to Denmark
- Remote work: Occasionally
- Project language: English (required)/Polish
- Project length: Long-term
Experienced Microsoft developer with cloud and IT Operations skills who loves to deliver systems and frameworks where configuration and automation sometimes trumps development/coding time.
Santander Consumer Bank in the Nordics, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland are all part of a new One-IT program. Santander Consumer bank is a modern Bank seen in a broad 'Bank-IT perspective', using modern state of the art technologies and not being tied down by heavy old-fashioned legacy systems. You will be part of a top notch technical team, creating the Best in Class ‘Development Foundation’ for the bank.
Development Foundation is a new DevOps team within Santander Consumer Bank Nordics. The vision for the team is to accelerate and improve business value delivered through all IT initiatives by:
- Providing and operating developer tools, frameworks, patterns and practices to be used across all Nordic application development teams
- Supporting the application development teams in adopting these to optimize efficiency, reuse, and collaboration
- Enabling true autonomy by giving development team pre-approved frameworks to work freely within
We deliver the developer tools, the shared framework, governance, and support to all the many Nordic initiatives and application development teams.
The role will include some coding at some points, but the consultant will mostly put his top class developer skills at work on tasks in relation to creating the Development Foundation 'components' i.e. Platforms, Frameworks, Programs and Tools. This will include subjects such as Governance and Guides, and creations of guidelines, which ensure that development departments and all applications development, are in full alignment with all existing finance/bank compliance, regulation demands like i.e. SOX, Dodd-Frank, PSD2, GDPR, rules of logging, as well as internal Santander regulations.
The role requires you to work closely together with top developers in Santander in all the Nordic countries, in ensuring the full adoption and actual application of the new Development Foundation platforms, while also guiding developers on better development approaches and 'the right way to go'. This off course requires you to be a star MS developer, who technically can go toe to toe with top class developers in Santander. Great communication and presentation skills is a must, and documentation must come easy for you in order to deliver needed “getting started guides”, document code examples, etc. A lot of information will also be shared through blogs and videos.
You will evaluate top shelve products for integrations and implementation in the Development Foundation and work interactively with stakeholders and representatives across organizational and functional lines.
Travelling is expected (1-2 times per month) to meet with team, participate in workshops, perform demos and training, etc.
You know more of the following (* = mandatory):
DevOps principles and have practical experience within this*
Scrum, Kanban and Agile methodologies*
Guidance & Governance within IT-systems*
Microsoft Visual Studio*
Microsoft Azure DevOps*
Microsoft Server SQL*
XAAS (Anything As A Service)
Build and Release Pipelines
ASP.NET MVC WebApi
Octopus Deploy experience
Microsoft Unit Testing Framework
AngularJS or BackboneJS
Salesforce/MS CRM or like platforms NICE TO HAVE
- Previous experience in banking industry
- Challenging projects in a Scandinavian business culture
- Opportunity to work in friendly, international atmosphere
- Transparently built relations based on trust and fair play
- Relocation package/bonus and internal reference bonus
- Co-financed benefit package (private healthcare, Multisport card)
Praca na zlecenie