Our client - a Power Transmission System Operator (TSO) has established the Nordic Regional Security with 3 other TSO’s in Norway, Sweden and Finland (Nordic RSC). The Nordic RSC is one of five RSCs in Europe. The RSCs are established to provide services to the European Transmission System Operators (TSOs). To foster cooperation between the RSCs in implementing requirements from the Network Codes and from the Clean Energy Package, the existing RSCs have:
- created in 2018 a common RSC Working Table to address common issues
- initiated a common RSC Master Plan in order to:
- provide a navigational tool to understand the complexity of the RSCs and the environment they act within (The Master Plan shall be a tool for the RSCs, ENTSO-E experts, RSC shareholders and other stakeholders).
- coordinate the preparation of specific deliverables between the RSCs.
- have agreed, to gain efficiency, on the need for a common Project Management support.
Description of the needs:
RSCs have identified following areas of interest to be covered by external Project Management support:
- RSCs’ Working table meeting:
- Organise and facilitate project meetings, workshops and conference calls including minutes preparation and dissemination;
- Accurate risk, issue and action tracking and follow-up;
- Ensure target oriented and timely reporting;
- RSC Master Plan management and follow-up:
- Project steering and support
- Provide project and deliverables structure and planning with corresponding decision roadmap, taking internal and external dependencies into account;
- Ensure needed prioritisation;
- Support resource management (FTEs from RSCs)
- Facilitate the SPOC meeting and specific TF (bi-monthly meetings, meeting of experts on ad hoc tasks, track record and follow-up of actions, minutes, .
- Active engagement and communication of internal and external parties;
- Multi-stakeholder management
- Management of the interfaces and links between working groups, stakeholders and external parties;
- Expectation management and business diplomacy;
- Develop and document a reusable tools kit for RSCs, RSC Shareholders and stakeholders
RSCs are looking for Project Management support spread between 50% Project Manager (PM) and 50% Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO should be junior. The two profiles should be two different persons working together under a joint contract.
Both roles should preferably have some understanding of the TSO environment and must demonstrate strong facilitation and organization skills to constantly (i) convey vision, goals and issues, (ii) provide reports and concise presentations. They will be responsible for organizing and managing a program covering the area mentioned above. The PMO is expected to have knowledge of efficient PMO tools to ensure clear organization of the work:
- Ensuring rigorous document of objectives/context (“why”)
- Facilitating evaluation of different alternative strategies and analysis
- Challenging project owners on planning, quality and resources
- Ensuring clear communication between project teams and towards RSC Working Table
- Proactively identifying and managing issues and risks via risks related register.
Requirements for PMO role:
- Experience with PMO work.
- Knowledge of and experience with using PMO tools
- Experience with defining and initiating project management offices for small or medium projects
- Experience with presentation
- Experience with Resource Evaluation
- Experience with doing clear minutes from meetings
- Experience with defining and initiating reporting structures to illustrate project process, risks etc.
- Experience with international co-operation is an advantage.
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Strong facilitation and organization skills
- Experience from Energy Sector
- Experience with the Transmission Security Operator or Regional Security Operator industry is an advantage.
- Knowledge of ENTSO-E is an advantage.
- Strong attention to details
- Structured and well organized
- The candidate must be rigorous
- Project Language is English, which shall be mastered both verbally and in writing.
March 3 rd
2 years + option
Location is open
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.